Thursday, May 29, 2008

Getting things set . . . We got a house!

This has been an exciting week.  Drew had his first day of work on Tuesday!  It was mainly a lot of paperwork and new employee stuff but on Tuesday he even got to see his desk!

Tuesday night we started our house search.  We found a very cute 3 bedroom home ~ and get this, it was build in 1990!  The appliances are all new within the last 2 years.  there are 2.5 bathrooms and the neighborhood is fabulous!  It is a town house with a nice yard.  We have a garage, which is too small for a car but perfect for a storage area.  It even comes with a washer and dryer which is rare for out here.  We won't have a dishwasher but, we haven't had one for a long time anyway so we are used to it.  In one of the bathrooms there is an awesome tub!  I am so excited, I want to move in today but, first I have to head up to the housing office for them to draw up our lease.  We should probably be in there within 2 weeks (granted we can get a bed by then).  We won't have our stuff yet but we will have everything we need that we have brought with us.   I don't think I will be able to post pictures until our stuff arrives because we packed our camera cord, but if we can find a new one before then I will definitely put them up!

Today I am off to get set up with a doctor.  Things are starting to get set up!

3 comments:

  1. I guess the rooms are bigger than you thought since you are looking for a king size bed. Glad things are going smoothly. Sounds like you've been very busy this week. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    That sounds great. I love townhouses. It is weird that the garage won't fit a car. Go figure. Anyway, I hope to get our Vonage up this week so we can talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim!
    Congratulations on the move! I'm sure you'll have some great experiences together in England! We're moving back to Maryland in August. Too bad we missed you before you left!

    ReplyDelete