Tuesday, June 17, 2008

its official and the smell of pooh...

Its official.  We signed our lease yesterday.  We love our landlord, she is so sweet.  She is very excited about the baby and even said she has daughters if we ever need a babysitter.

Now for the second part of my title.  Harrogate is surrounded by farms and even though it is a fairly big city some days the whole place just smells like animal excrement.   Its the strangest thing.  You walk around and wonder if you stepped in something all day long.  I am not sure if it is a rain thing or why it happens but it is certainly something that isn't a thing they advertise as a tourist attraction.

Drew went to get the loan today for the car.  We are going to give it a few days before we make the final decision.  More on that later.

On a bit of a sad note.  My parents went a cruise leaving out of Italy.  The airline lost their bags so now they are on their trip without anything.  I hope that they get the bags back soon.  It will make for some interesting stories I am sure.   Hopefully they will keep in good spirits and enjoy themselves.  They are on the cruise for their anniversary and it is a bit ironic because they ended up grabbing the wrong suitcase for their honeymoon so they didn't have their stuff then anyway.  It is a fitting, yet frustrating reminiscence.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the honeymoon suitcase fiasco! Maybe it just smells like poo because you are pregant. Everything smells bad when you are preg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I am sorry about your parent's luggage, how awful! I am glad you finally have a home but my I am sorry about the smell. It must run in the family. When we first moved in here and I was alone, I opened the windows and though, oh we live in the country, and the wonderful view of the mountains. The farm across the street was such a wonderful view, they were plowing etc. I was going around cleaning and all of a sudden, this awful smell. Oh my...they were spreading something. EWWWW. I found out later it was manure! Every so often they do that and oh my! The view is wonderful and when they do that the windows get closed so fast!! Luckily they don't do that too often. But I sure can relate! Kim, when is your due date? I have been meaning to ask...Love and hugs. Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete