Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ruffley bum baby...Now with Pictures!

We went to church today and Anna was able to sport a dress our Friends Joe and Alyssa got for her. She had it on along with her ruffley bum tights. Very cute!!!!  Anyway, I wanted to update everyone on a few things. First, I have started using facebook a bit more, I never understood the purpose before but, now I think it is really cool. That really wasn't the update, I wanted to talk about Anna!!! At her last appointment she had gained another 11 ounces (that is in one week). She is now over 9 lbs. and only one month old. That is a gain of almost 2 lbs since birth!!! She has started sleeping in longer stretches at night, which suprised me (actually I got a bit nervous that she wasn't eating that much, maybe she is just deciding to slow down a bit with her weight gain). She sleeps from about 10-11 until around 3-3:30! Then she eats and sleeps again until somewhere between 6:30 and 8. I can hardly believe that we are getting so much sleep! Next, I am pretty sure she has started smiling socially ~ at least at me. She has only done it about once a day for a few days, I can't get her to do it by smiling at her but everyone once in a while she just pulls one out of no where while I am looking at her and playing with her. Its great! As further proof of this fact, I had 2 witnesses. Joan saw her do it once and Drew so her do it once too! I can't wait until she starts doing it more regularly and consistently. Being a mom is so fun! I was really worried before I had her that I would be bored all the time, or just hate it (you always hear horror stories about moms who just don't like it). Anyway, that hasn't happened to me at all. I just love being with my ruffley bum baby. She is great!

p8270223-medium.JPGp8270218-medium.JPGp8270226-medium.JPGp8270230-medium.JPG

4 comments:

  1. Well, I must say she is definitely getting nourishment if she's gained 2 lbs in a month. Unlike her mother, who could go for a month and only gain a couple of ounces. I guess you have more milk than I did. I just discovered Anna's Picture Page at the top of the blog. I'm guessing I'm the last one to discover it. Everyone else I tell, they say they already knew about it. So, I'm guessing Anna will smile on cue when we arrive in Leeds in September, right? I'm glad you are getting a lot of sleep - I was worried about you and the lack of sleep. We had a terrible thunderstorm this afternoon. Now the sun is shining. Keep up these posts! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you are adjusting so well. You have had a lot of stress with moving to another country and all. Adding a baby to all that would throw anyone over the edge. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to see the picture in those tights! It sounds so cute. Is mom ready for a trip in September, really? I'm so excited for you if they are really going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really going, Denise (September 3-September 10th).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a natural mom Kim! I am so happy that Anna is sleeping well for you. Sounds like she is growing well. Your mom and dad are so anxious to see her. I would be going crazy. I am so happy things are going so well. I was so tickled to see the blanket in some of the photos. Luv and hugs. Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete