Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 1, meeting Anna

We went to pick up my parents at the airport.  Anna wore her Dinosaur outfit but didn't roar at all when she met them.  They were all very happy to meet one another.  I was very excited to have them here!!!  The trip home is when my parents got their first taste of driving "on the wrong side of the road" :)  I don't think they will want to try it on their own anytime soon!

After they settled down for a long autumn nap, we went to base to pick up Drew from work and then went out to eat with Joan and Fred, and Dan.  We ate dinner at a local pub (the Claro Beagle).  It took 45 minutes just to get the food - longest it has ever taken!  It probably happened because the men folk were trying to catch the 8 pm showing of batman.  They made it there at 8:30, so we figured they had plenty of time.  That's right, they literally have 30-40 minutes of previews and comericals before movies.  In actuality they missed the first 4 minutes of the movie, but they still found a way to enjoy it.

Meanwhile, the Ladies went out to a place called Betty's tea room.  It is, in my opinion, very Jane Austin.  The waitresses wear very old fashion high neck uniforms and have ivory medallions on their necks.  There is a piano player, and they have all kinds of yummy treats.  It was a lot of fun.  Anna and I spend a lot of time hanging out outside as the noise was a little overwhelming for her.  But we enjoyed our time outside, and once she drifted off, I was able to go back in and enjoy my hot chocolate and lemon lime cake!

1 comment:

  1. Not the first time driving on the wrong side of the road, but I must say, those English drivers need to learn a thing or two about driving - they drive way too fast on those very small roads. I loved Betty's - it was everything you said it would be. Too bad you didn't get to have "hot" chocolate while tending to Anna. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete