Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 5 Harewood house

Monday Drew took the day off and we went to an estate house "Harewood House"  It is this beautiful house with amazing gardens and several miles of trails.  They have a zoo like area for birds, including penguins.  It was here that my my got to enter the enclosure with the penguins and feed them.  They only allow one person per day to do that.  She had a great time!  We all did.  Afterward we went back to the Mudgett's house to enjoy a great Lasagna dinner (made by my mom).  She made Lasagna, spinach salad, and an English trifle for dessert.  It was great!04012008079-small.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe I got to feed penguins! A dream of mine since I was in 3rd grade. It was worth the 10 pounds we paid for the opportunity to feed them. And all the birds in the sanctuary - how neat to see them up close. Now, if you could just teach Anna not to stand on the wall and break the rules. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete