Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A great way to start the week

Well, yesterday was a very eventful day.  First your probably think 2 posts in one week!  Yes.  That might have more to do with the fact that Anna has a cold and is napping pretty well so it gives me some time to kill, and that not too many people have been updating their blogs, so I can't spend my time catching up.  Anyway, Yesterday my camera arrived.  It was a pretty interesting few weeks so here is the story.  We had a waterproof camera.  It broke when it got filled with water (ironic, I know).  We put a claim into the insurance company (we have insurance for this kind of thing).  They set up a delivery date of the new Camera for last Monday.  All I had to do was to be home between 9 am and 5:30 pm (R you kidding me?)  That would NEVER fly in the US, but I am not missing out on wages so hey.  Well, 6 pm rolls around Monday, no camera.  Tuesday morning I call the insurance company and they said, "sorry, someone should have told you that there was a problem with yesterday but it will come today sometime between 9 am and you guessed it 5:30 pm."  Seriously, I couldn't wait around all day so I left a note which neighbors the camera could be left with etc.  Again end of the day rolls around no camera.  Wed.  I call the insurance company back, "I don't know why they told you had a delivery scheduled, the camera is on back order, it will take 7-10 business days."  ARGGG!  Friday Drew took the day off of work to get some school things taken care of, I was out and he called me on my cell phone.  The insurance company called again.  The can no longer get the camera we had as the company  is no longer going to carry it but they can give us an alternative camera.  "Is it waterproof?" "Oh, um no. But what about this other one, this one is waterproof?"  The alternative camera in question is 2 models newer than the one we had.  Awesome!  So Yesterday at 2:45 the camera was delivered!

We also had another very excited development take place on the home selling front.  We are still working out that situation, so any prayers in our behalf will be very welcome, but it looks a lot like we might find a buyer today or this week!

Well, it turned out to be a great Monday.  I've got to go, Anna just got up...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the camera and good luck with the house. We think of you whenever we drive by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things seem to be looking up.. Good sign the new camera. The house will sell soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story about the camera. I just hate it when they tell you between that long a time frame they will show and then don't! I can't imagine with a baby how hard that is to stay in and then they hadn't even had the camera. Grrrrr I will pray that your house sells, what a relief that will be for you. Take care and keep posting! LY Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete