Monday, November 16, 2009

Drew's 29th Birthday

A little late in coming but since it hasn't been a whole month yet, it is still on time, right.  Brides have an entire year to send cards!  A month for a birthday is pretty reasonable. And with 5 days to spare!

This year for Drew's birthday I was inspired by a friend of mine who got her father 60 presents for his 60th birthday!  I thought this is a great idea!  Then I started gathering gifts.  Nothing expensive mind  you as we keep a limited budget for gifts.  By about gift # 10 I was starting to regret the decision but it ended up turning out all right.  There were a few pretty lame gifts like windshield washing fluid and nails.  But I was able to come up with a few good gifts as well.

The biggest hits were a calling card I made for Drew that he has wanted for a long time.  Thanks to our friend Pearla who designed the Team Mudgett Logo, I was able to put it on a "business card" (I cut them out of card stock) and they read "Another problem solved by Drew Mudgett."   Strange as it is and as it sounds he has wanted calling cards like these for a long time.  He has only had one given back to him.  That is the problem with computer problems you don't always know when they are fixed sometimes they still end up broken, so he was able to give it back to said person later in the day.TEAMmudgettwtitleBIG (Small)

The other gift that was a pretty good hit was the Drew Mudgett's guide to everyday.  The new Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy came out right before his birthday (a big present).  So I thought, how hard can it be to write my own hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for him.  Its not Shakespeare but its kind of fun.

His really big gift, which we bought in March was tickets to see the NFL game played in London this year.  His father got a ticket from us for his birthday as well.  His parents and our little crew headed down to London for the weekend.  Drew and his father really enjoyed the game even though they were not fans of either team, they enjoyed having the opportunity to watch an American football game!

We were able to go and see the play "Wicked" with the theatre ticket voucher Drew's parents gave us last year for Christmas.  They were also kind enough to take Anna with them during the play, it was pretty exciting to have a theatre date!  What an AWESOME play it was!  I had heard it was good, but I LOVED it.

Now, while I am not a huge fan of big cities  (with the exception of hanging out on the mall in DC, and of course Paris!) I told Drew if we can go to play we would love it make it a tradition!

Next year though, I may just stick to the ticket being his only present.  Probably not, because it is just too fun find and making gifts.  I know, maybe one gift per decade would do.  Yeah, three seems much more manageable!  One down, two to go...

3 comments:

  1. Ok, you and Steph are really messing with me. I must be a horrible wife because my gifts really don't compare. Maybe one day when I'm rich... You didn't tell me that you went to see Wicked. I saw it a few years ago in Chicago when I went to visit Robin. I LOVED it too. I had read the book prior to seeing it which made it even better. I would see it again in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you sure made Drew's birthday wonderful. Now he will have to really think when it comes to your birthday. Glad he had a great birthday. Sounds like life is good! Glad to hear it. Love and hugs. Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Drew really had a big Birthday trip to London, NFL game and Wicked. Well the English do things in a big way I guess. But Drew deserves it. The cards seem like another great gift. Countdown to our big cruise is ticking down and we are getting excited. Looking forward to having the Wilkins come for Christmas. Thanks for the post, Love Dad

    ReplyDelete