Sunday, August 26, 2012

Apparently I have 82 children

Some time ago, probably 4 months by this point, Anna informed me that she had two sisters Ladge and LaBone (I prefer to spell LaVone - with a v pronnounced as a b, but Drew said it is spelled the other way).  Ladge and Labone(I have given in to this spelling because I think he is probably right) have become very important members of our family.  Anna talks to them all the time, celebrates their birthdays (albeit almost daily),  buckles them into the car, plays with them in the bath, I overhear her talking to them when she is in the other room, and she discusses their goings on and conversations with her friends.  She has even named one of her dolls Ladge (it is a doll my mother gave her that came with a name tag reading 'Anna' this past Christmas).  She sleeps with Ladge every night.  You might say that if that were the case I would only have 4 children.  Serious did I just use the word ONLY and four children in one sentence!  I guess it is all perspective because 4 out of 82 seems like a really small number, ya know?  Anyway, my other 78 children I have been informed periodically are named "the other Ladge" and "the other LaBone" and "the other Ladge" and "the other LaVone" (maybe some of them arre spelled this way) and "the other Ladge" and "the other LaBone" and that there are 80 of them.  So 80 of them plus the two that I actually remember having is what brings us to 82.  By the way, Drew says he does not believe in the other Ladge and the other LaBone.  Kind of harsh not to believe in 78 of your pretend children, but to believe in two of them, I mean if I were a pretend child, my feelings would be pretty hurt if my father didn't believe in me!  In his defense though, they do seem to only come around occassionally.  Anyway, I look at it as I have somewhere in between two and 80 additional children.  It is a good thing Drew and I are still in school, I sure think we are going to need the extra money!

Ladge"the doll" Mudgett photo curtesy of Anna

1 comment:

  1. Well, I just caught up on all of your posts. Man! Lizzie looks like Drew. I think the car crushing could use some explaination. Was that you car and, if so, why did u crush it? I'm envious of your van nice!

    ReplyDelete